Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Barnwell Visit with Photography Lessons

My son Ian and I went to Barnwell again last Friday to see Brenda White from Alabama, Myrtle Quattlebaum from Blackville, and Will Miller from Ninety-Six, SC.  Brenda and Myrtle are descendants of Samuel & Mary Reed, and you’ve already met Will in this post.

The fellowship was wonderful, to say the least.  I could have stayed and talked until we all fell asleep.  We shared and learned a lot from each other. 

Will, Marilyn, Brenda, Myrtle at Anthony's Restaurant

Sad to say, the picture record of this event left a lot to be desired.  Ian and I learned some important lessons regarding photography.  First lesson:  Take a LOT more pictures in hopes that a few will turn out well.  Second lesson:  If at all possible, prop your elbows on a table or counter for stability.  (I have put a unipod on my Christmas wish list.  Google it.  Cool tool.)  Lesson three:  Never, but never, take a picture of Mom from the side!!!  (Take my word for it!)

 Marilyn, Will, Brenda at the Barnwell Library


Luckily, the pictures of the visit to the Samuel Reed home turned out much better.   The final draft is almost done.  It's very important to me to have it just right!  Thank you for your patience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment