Monday, March 21, 2011

NEW BLOG: Samuel and Mary Clark Reed of Barnwell Family Photos


This past weekend I spent most of my time creating "Samuel and Mary Clark Reed of Barnwell Family Photos."  It is a companion blog to this one that is designed to share our pictures of the descendants of Samuel and Mary Reed.  

I am still working out some of the kinks, but I believe I am ready to share it with you.  


When you go to the blog, you will see the latest post.  In the column to the right, there is a Photo Index.  Click on a name to take you to the post where you will find photos of that person. 

Of course, I started with photos of my own forebears.  (I thoroughly enjoyed spending yesterday with my grandparents!)  

In the next few weeks, I will be adding some wonderful old photos that I have received through the last few years.  Please let me know if you have photographs or portraits that you would like to share.  Be sure to let me know who has the original and an approximate date of the picture.  Contact me at samuelreedfamily@gmail.com.  

Privacy of living persons in photos will be guarded to the best of my ability.  I will also do my best to give credit where credit is due and request that you do the same.  

I would like to have your feedback on this photo blog idea.  It may or may not be the best way to accomplish this sharing.  We shall see, as time goes on, where it needs tweaking.  Please let me know how it works for you, good or bad, in opening and viewing the pages.  Does it take too long to load?  (Picture heavy pages sometimes do.)  

You will be able to leave comments on there just as you can on here.  Please share your memories and knowledge with us, as well as your photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment